Monday, March 23, 2009

My CVS Trip

I always ask God for favor when I go shopping. You know, I want to find what I'm looking for without walking in circles. I want the good deals to still be on the shelves and not all picked through. I want NICE, helpful cashiers and store personnel. Basically, I'm asking for heaven on earth and God is certainly big enough to make that possible.

Take today, for example. I walked into CVS and up to the big, red coupon machine. After scanning my card, I receive -- tah dah -- a $5 off $15 coupon. Holy smokes.

Here is my recent CVS conquest:

THREE 12-Packs CVS toilet paper @ $5.00 ea
1 Dry Idea Clinical Strength @ 7.99 (gives back $5 ECB)
1 Crest Pro Health Toothpaste @ 3.49 (gives back $3.49 ECB)
1 Speckled Jelly Beans (To bribe the kids)

Now for the coupons:

$1 off Crest
$2 off Dry Idea
$2 ECB - Extra Cash Bucks from previous purchase
$2.99 ECB
$4.99 ECB
$5 off $15 coupon

THEN, the nice cashier spots an expired $4 off $20 in my hand. It was one day past expiration. He said "Do you want to use that one too?" Ummm.....Yeah! He entered it manually.

Therefore, my OOP expense was $6.28, plus I received $8.49 in ECB's for next time. And my savings were like pennies from heaven. : )

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love the praying thing ...beautifully said.
    Our CVS in Lavergne used to take all expired extra care stuff and then quit doing it...but its worth asking the different CVS locations...mr

    ReplyDelete